Personal Note

My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From your thoughts, you can create greatness.

This is what I need to remind myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create. Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgemental, love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are love.



Friday, December 30, 2011

How to find Enlightenment in the most unlikely of places

I just watched American History X. If you've never seen it, it's rough, but worth a watch. It's about extreme racism that is unfortunately not so extreme any longer. It's a movie about mainstream problems with race and twisted ideas born from anger, frustration and ignorance. The story is rough, but it has a definite message, you have to be objective and wait it out. It shows one side more than the other at times, but both are represented, I think. Both sides of the sickness of everyone insisting that they are right and the other is wrong. Both sides of the hatred. In each other. In themselves. While I watch this movie, I see the sickness. It makes me sad. But by the end you find a bit of that ray of hope. That people can change. That something can awaken in everyone. That bonds can be forged in the most unlikely of places. Knowledge of this kind of hatred out there makes my soul ache for mankind. But the healing that happens throughout, the enlightening moments, give a ray of hope. Even with the bitter ending that leaves you feeling saddened and wronged and like the cycle continues, you can start the change by asking yourself
"has anything you've done made your life better?" and begin there. With you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please don't be shy...I learn from you, too! Your opinion matters to me, but, please, no judgment or hateful words here.
Thanks!