Personal Note

My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From your thoughts, you can create greatness.

This is what I need to remind myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create. Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgemental, love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are love.



Friday, August 10, 2012

Quantum Moment

I want to tell you about the day I realized I had my Quantum Shift. I was standing at my sink in my kitchen doing the dishes listening to an online radio station to nature music feeling the breeze through my window, seeing the leaves of the trees flutter in the wind, noticing the flowers in the neighbors yard, the colors so vivid. There were butterflies and bugs fluttering by. The nature sounds mixed with soothing music was calming. I noticed the feel of the warm soapy water, could see the stark blue of the spring sky...and the absolute peace I felt, the beauty of the moment. I felt my connection to my Source, to my mothers Spirit, to the Universe. It was a most precious moment. I could feel my Shift. I said to myself, "I never want to forget this feeling. Please don't ever let me forget this." I actually wept peaceful joyous tears.
About two weeks later I watched a DVD staring Dr. Wayne Dyer called "The Shift", and I could not believe what I was hearing. Dr. Dyer was describing the four parts of a Quantum Moment and I knew for sure what had happened that day in the kitchen.
It was Surprising*. While standing at my sink totally submerged in my thoughts while doing the dishes and listening to that music, staring out the window, I was caught completely off guard and was snapped back into instant reality by the sudden realization that something was happening.
It was Vivid*. I was snapped into acute awareness of everything that was happening around me. The nature sounds in the music and outside. The wind in the trees and the sound the leaves made as they rustled against each other, the birds landing on the neighbors fence, the vivid hue of the purple Iris across from me in the neighbors yard, the breeze billowing the curtain and caressing my face, the blue of the sky and white puff of the clouds. I remember the springtime bugs buzzing around in the dappled sunshine and the sudden realization of the feeling of calm and peace enveloping me. Which brings me to how I also know this had been my Quantum Moment:
It was Benevolent*. I truly felt the presence of the Great Creator. I felt my mother. I felt God. In all things around me. In myself. In the busyness of the nature I was witnessing living it's life outside my kitchen window. I felt a peace like I had never felt before. I knew that everything would work out as it should, and I would have peace with it. My fear and worries left me in that moment, and I felt peace and comfort with my being.
I took a long while to write about this, nearly four months, because I needed to test the 4th Quality.
Whether it was Enduring*. Now, I realize that four months is not four years, but needless to say, I am still changed by this Shift. Even though I have endured through the last four months with this same feeling of change, what really acts as a testimony to my Shift is my actions, thoughts, feelings, and reactions to another tragedy in our lives. Just two months after my own mothers death, my husbands mother lost her life tragically. Between that, returning to work, which is usually a major source of stress and reaction for me, and dealing with all the responsibilities I now face what with caring for my father while working full time and taking care of my own family and managing my own home life, I have continued this new and unexpected way of thinking and feeling that was completely foreign to me at first, but now feels like home. I have endured. I have continued this new way of life. It is still very curious to me how I am still in this state of well-being, through all of the challenges of everyday life, but I am realizing that this is how we are meant to be. We are not meant to have strife and discord, worry and pain. We are meant to thrive. To love and be loved.
I have come home. I've come home to myself. Quantum Shifts usually happen after a great "fall". Mine was the death of my mother. A great shock. A great transformation of perspective. This is just the beginning of my journey. I know I still have a long way to go, but with this new found peace, I've found confidence. I know I am on the right path. I am filled with joy and love.
I wish you all wonderfulness...



*The four qualities I use here are used by Dr. Dyer in his book and movie "The Shift" and are taken from the book "Quantum Change: When Epiphanies and Sudden Insights Transform Ordinary Lives" by authors William R. Miller and Janet C'de Baca

3 comments:

  1. What you have written about here, is an "Awakening" and the words you use to describe it are the same employed by others who have opened to the light.

    I would like to send you a description of a similar event expressing the feeling of coming HOME and knowing that, everything IS as it should be.

    These are the words I used to express my own break though many years ago. I would like to share them with you.

    Irving Podolsky

    irving.podolsky@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I welcome it, and thank both of you for being the very first to comment on this blog. I was always afraid to share with others, but now try to live without fear.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you...

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you! Please don't be shy...I learn from you, too! Your opinion matters to me, but, please, no judgment or hateful words here.
Thanks!