Personal Note

My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From your thoughts, you can create greatness.

This is what I need to remind myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create. Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgemental, love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are love.



Saturday, November 22, 2014

Exciting New Beginnings








Hello, Friends,

I have so many exciting new things to share with you! First and foremost, how have you all been? Are you getting excited for the holiday season that is fast approaching? Or, maybe a bit too stressed out by it? It's easy enough for that to happen, but try to remember to enjoy it, ok? These are special times that only come once a year, and though we should really be carrying this type of joy with us all year long, there's something special about it all happening for everyone at the same time in a whirlwind of sights and sounds. It's supposed to make you feel good...let it.

I've had a whirlwind of activity since my last post. First, I must tell you that I'm not always going to have such large gaps in between posts. As you may know (from my other blog Our Eclectic Life ) we are in the middle of a major renovation. I haven't been keeping up on that blog like I should, either. What's wrong with me?! Why am I dragging my feet??!! Why can't I commit already and get it all done!!?

Whoa....whew. That was intense.

Do you do that? Chastise yourself for not getting everything done? (Otherwise being human?) It's true, we don't always get everything done. We have beautiful intentions, but, sometimes pile our plate too high. Managing ourselves is a growth process; a learning curve. We may never accomplish what we believe to be our "perfect" selves, but as we learn about ourselves and what we are capable of, we soon find out we're sorta perfect, just the way we are. We also learn lessons along the way that make us better.

So, what have I been doing if not keeping up with sharing with all of you? We are still in the middle of that reno, and now we're priming, sanding and painting cabinets and our tub/shower has just been delivered. Yeah...it's sitting in the middle of our floor in our den because we have yet to tear out the old bathroom. So much to do, so little time. Pretty sure we're not getting it all done by Thanksgiving. But it'll be done enough for family to come over. I'm off this year (sort of, I'm off the night before, but have to go in to work Thanksgiving night at 11) and I really need my family around me. Holidays and celebrations have become increasingly more important to me these last couple of years.

Anyway, enough with that to-do list. Now, for the "good stuff." Remember in my last post how I mentioned that flier I almost threw away for that Hay House workshop in Chicago? Well, I went and I had the best time! For the first time ever I took the train, then a taxi, and arrived at my hotel. It was just a short walk from the hotel the workshop was held in. That was the second best part about the whole trip--walking around those bustling Chicago streets! I am in love! It was a fabulous weekend. I'll have memories with me forever, and I can't wait to go back with Noah. I met so many great people, who I now call my friends. Everyone was so interested in each other, and interested in sharing their knowledge and know-how and learning from each other. And our hosts, (CEO of Hay House Publishing) Reid Tracy and (Author/Speaker/Coach) Cheryl Richardson , were fabulous. Very gracious and forthcoming with every bit of detailed information I needed to start building my platform (I didn't even know what that was before that weekend) and preparing myself for my future as a writer and speaker.

We all received Michael Hyatt's book "Platform: Get noticed In A Noisy World" as a gift from Hay House, and I also received James Altucher's book "Choose Yourself", as well. Actually, a very nice young woman who sat next to me on the last day gave me hers. She thanked me for sharing my story the day before and asked me about what it is I do, what I write about, and very graciously invited me onto her radio show, "Uplift", and it looks like I will be on December 22nd! How exciting is that?! My heart is filled with so much gratitude to her for giving me this opportunity. Her name is Jaime Pfeffer and you really should visit her website, JaimePfeffer.com. She has a lot of inspiration, knowledge and grace to offer.

I was able to get up in front of Cheryl and Reid to ask a question, for which I received some very valuable advice. I got in line and when it was my turn I introduced myself. All I could do is tell it like it is: "I'm not a coach or a therapist, I'm just an X-Ray tech from St. Louis." That got plenty of laughs, but I didn't know what else to say. Everyone else there seemed to "belong"...coaches, therapists, yoga teachers, authors. I just hadn't felt like I had a place there, but after I had lunch with new friends, and had my Q & A session with Reid and Cheryl, I realized I belonged there as much as anyone else. There is a definite lesson to be learned here: Stop doubting yourself. What have you really got to lose by going out on that limb? Afraid you'll be embarrassed? Embarrassment doesn't last forever, but regret is a little harder to overcome.

When it was my turn at the mic, I told a brief history of the losses I have endured of late. My question was "Do I have anything to offer? This is what I've been sharing in my writing, how to take a tragedy and turn it into a triumph. What can I do to be sure I don't come across like I'm exploiting my troubles?"

This has been a bit of a worry for me. I want to share the most horrible things that have ever happened to me, and to share the things that I have done, fought through, to get to the other side of despair. I would never want anyone to think that I was sharing to exploit instead of to heal.

The answers I was given were a blessing. Cheryl said that we should all be policing ourselves often to be sure our agenda is true. She said for me to focus on my intent, which is not to exploit but to transcend. Pure intention will shine through. I have to become okay with some people criticizing, it's most likely going to happen at one point or another. But, that's their issue, not mine. She stated that I was unique and in a very unique position. She told me people need to hear my voice and that I should continue giving people what I have in me. She said for me to "Let what's next find you."

I revealed that I had been writing my blog for a few years, but my writing really took off after I had decided put my fears aside and submit an article to tinybuddha.com. I had received such great comments on all of my articles, I was hooked...this is what I wanted to do, felt compelled to do. I realized that I was actually touching people and helping them by letting them into my life and sharing myself with them completely.

Reid said that since I was already getting great feedback on what I was doing so far, that I was on the right track. I needed to keep giving what I had.

Cheryl backed up what I had always tried to do--help people transcend their painful experiences through sharing my own tragedies with them with transparency and honesty, and showing them that, through choice, they can overcome anything they wish--even the feeling of being destroyed by their agony.

I do not mean to imply, by any means, that all you need is to "think" yourself out of your woes. But I do believe that you can accomplish much by learning to change your thoughts. A process that takes time and patience, indeed, but worth it all in the end when you realize the peace it bestows upon your heart.

I am so excited to start this new path along my journey. All of the wonderful things that are happening right now make all of the hard times and hard work seem far away and totally worth it. I am so grateful for all of the opportunities I have been given, and for the presence and support of my family and friends. And, most of all, for my mom, who I know is with me every breath. Without her I truly do not feel that I could have possibly accomplished all that I have.

I have no expectations of my life, except to be my best while living it. I truly have learned patience these last few years, a blessed reprieve from the hassle that my mind used to be. Though I am sure to have no delusions, I also believe in "think it, be it." It has taken me several years of work to get just to where I am, now. I know I am on my way, I know I am on the right path. If you knew me 10 years ago, and were just meeting me again, you would not recognize me. I was a totally different person; opposite of who I am now.

I am absolute proof that a person can change their stars, if you really want it. You are not bound by anything you don't want to be. I met a new friend in Chicago, Kathy, who has cerebral palsy. You won't believe what she does with it. I urge you to check out her website radiantabilities.com to find out. She is amazing. A true example of using what you are given to spread a message of joy.

That's what it's all about. Lemons and lemonade. It's not what happens to you, it's what you do with what happens. The ball is in your court, it always is. So much energy is spent on blaming others. God knows I did it. It is certainly true that things happen to us that are completely out of our control. Sometimes we don't feel as strong as the next person, or don't want to. We often want to give up; it's easier. But, I was kidding myself when I thought I had no control over what happened to me. I didn't wave a magic wand and everything suddenly became perfect, but any improvement I made was better than my current situation, and it gave me my power back.

Do you want your power back? Because it's yours for the taking. you are in control.



Thank you so much for reading today, I know this was a long post. I just wanted to catch up. For little doses of inspiration, and some of my photography, please visit my page at facebook/nanettestein723
and like and share away, I truly appreciate it.

Also, don't forget to check out my new website nanettestein.com, it's up and running!

Thank you, again, for being here today.


Nanette




No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please don't be shy...I learn from you, too! Your opinion matters to me, but, please, no judgment or hateful words here.
Thanks!