Personal Note

My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From your thoughts, you can create greatness.

This is what I need to remind myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create. Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgemental, love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are love.



Friday, August 5, 2011

Please don't misunderstand...

Just because I "tout" love and gratitude, doesn't mean I'm all white-light and fluff. Yes, I believe in what I say. I believe in what I believe. But there is such a wide range to my spectrum...I am also a die hard cynic. I question everything. I don't trust easily. I am NOT religious. I don't follow man mad (oooh, type-o. I meant made, but that might actually be Freudian, if I believed in Freud's theories, which I don't) organized religion. I DO believe in self creation, and quantum physics, and Universal thought. I am not an avid fan of The Secret, but I do follow Eckhart Tolle, Wayne Dyer, Louise Hay. I have respect more for Eastern thought than Western, Hindus rather than Baptists. I don't know why. Maybe I feel they judge less. But I am none of these, so how would I know? I try not to be judgmental myself, I say I won't, but I'm sure I will come across to many that I am, and I probably do. It is not my blatant intent. I'm just trying to figure it all out. And just because I believe in being grateful and remembering to be well, and do well, doesn't mean I do well and remember to be well. I, myself, am a work in progress, as well. I DO believe in God, The Source, A Higher Power, The All. Whatever you may call it, I may not call it, and vice versa, but I DO believe. I believe in the power of meditation, but don't do it nearly enough. I strongly (STRONGLY) dis-like when other religious groups, for lack of better phrasing, "hate-on" each other, and other human beings, different from themselves. I think that we, as a race, are otherworldly, and need to find that which is in ourselves that makes us so. And also what makes us so ...alike. I think we are ALL equal; that God has made no mistakes. I absolutely do not feel being gay is a mortal sin, so please, just cut it out all ready. (God doesn't make mistakes, remember?...) I am pro-choice, whatever that choice may be for you, but that you must be the one to live with that choice, so choose wisely, for the Universe does not suffer fools easily. I hope for the future; I want to see good things. I want to see us treat each other better. I see the acceptance of so many things as a step forward into the light or enlightenment, not a step into damnation. I believe in phenomena of many kinds. (Aliens and Pyramids, anyone?) Enough so to probably label me a weirdo in some circles, but hey, aren't we all? There are so many different sides to me, that this is what I feel the need to do to figure it all out for myself, and hopefully, someone else will feel that they are okay, too, after all, by reading my journey to self discovery. We are all, each of us, an enigma, waiting to be un-puzzled. We must be brave enough to take the steps ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please don't be shy...I learn from you, too! Your opinion matters to me, but, please, no judgment or hateful words here.
Thanks!