Personal Note

My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From your thoughts, you can create greatness.

This is what I need to remind myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create. Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgemental, love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are love.



Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Trust is not a dirty word....

I don't let people in easily. I've been told that by a few people, at least. I was shocked to hear someone be brave enough to say it. That I'm intimidating-at first. Or that I seem that I don't like you-at first. That it takes a while to get to know me. I say shocked because that is not necissarily the vibe I intended. Maybe I subconciously do that because I feel there is "no possible way you could like me" so maybe I'm not trying to put my best foot forward just to be rejected anyway. Maybe I don't feel "good enough" so, by my silence, I am staying inside my safe shell. I don't trust right off that I am likable. I have trouble feeling that I am desirable to be around. What do I have to offer? I'm sure many of us have these feelings. Maybe they're left over from childhood inadequecies. Then, when we get older, we find ourselves in repeated relationships that compound these feelings.
We need to get up and brush ourselves off, as they say. Cleanse ourselves of the sticky cobwebs of a dormant life. We need to realize that we, and no one else, are responsible for our destiny. We are the Creators in our own lives. It is all there for us, in our very Souls. It's all within our grasp. We just have to reach out for it. And trust that it will reach back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please don't be shy...I learn from you, too! Your opinion matters to me, but, please, no judgment or hateful words here.
Thanks!