Personal Note

My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From your thoughts, you can create greatness.

This is what I need to remind myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create. Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgemental, love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are love.



Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sundays With Buddha



Week 19


There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
                                                                                                  --Buddha





When I first started to read about ‘truth’, I didn’t know exactly what was being said. Now I know it to mean “your truth”; what you believe, what you want to accomplish, what you want to become. And your only mistakes in getting there, seeing it all into fruition, is to never start along your journey in the first place, and not giving it your all, if you do.

What keeps us from acting? What keeps us from following our dreams?

Procrastination, doubt…fear?

It’s (or can be) incredibly hard to set those feelings aside. What if we fail? What if it’s not good enough or we lead ourselves to criticisms? It’s a terrible doubt, but one we all have had at one point or another.  The trick is to cut through that. So what if it doesn’t go exactly as you planned? At least you tried. Without doing so, you would never know. Not knowing, always wondering…that’s a doubt not worth living with.

The best "mistakes" are ones you learn from. The greatness you may achieve the next time is well worth the risk. The greatest fear for me now, is getting to the end of my life and having the regret of “I wish I had done…” I’m beginning to change that. I’m devoted to learning to live every day as if it were my last. When you stop worrying what others think, you liberate yourself from fear. Fear of failing, fear of embarrassment, fear of inadequacy. Those things don’t really matter. What matters is that you tried.

There is so much bravery in that.
 
Namaste
 
Nanette








No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please don't be shy...I learn from you, too! Your opinion matters to me, but, please, no judgment or hateful words here.
Thanks!