Personal Note

My most valued possession is my family. Even if you are living in a box somewhere, and you have the love and support of your family, you will always be wealthy. Love really is all you need. From love, great things will emerge. From your thoughts, you can create greatness.

This is what I need to remind myself of everyday to be the best person that I can be. Live your life with gratitude. Be thankful for all that you have everyday, even if it is your eyes to see or your ears to hear or your feet to walk or your hands to create. Understand your place in this Universe; how infinitesimally small you are, but how huge a contribution your Spirit is. Don't wear blinders to the world around you, you're not the only one here. Be kind, considerate, don't be judgemental, love others, and yourself. Know that you are perfect inside; that you are love.



Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sundays With Buddha








Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes. 
                                                                                                --Buddha

Week 45


The last two weeks touched on being quick to diligence, ridding oneself of an idle mind and a lazy disposition. I think it quite appropriate to link this week's quote with those last two posts. The main way to a more diligent way of life is, of course, endurance. To form the daily habits of a more diligent life, you must learn to through endurance. To form life long strengths to better yourself, you must have that endurance.



I've touched upon the things that I try to build my endurance for--maintaining diet, exercise, finances, meditation, letting go and speaking and acting with a pure heart. You may have a lot of the same habits you would like to form to better your life, maybe you have a whole different list. One thing is the exact same...keeping up these practices and forming them into new habits (enduring) is "the most difficult of disciplines".



It's not always wise or realistic to try to work on all of your newly desired habits all at once. I wrote an article about getting things done, with the suggestions that have helped me to endure through the process. Give yourself time, but believe that it will happen. Believe in yourself. Maybe that is one of your tasks--enduring in the belief that you can, and will, accomplish your goals.


You deserve that victory.


Thank you for being here.


Namaste


Nanette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Please don't be shy...I learn from you, too! Your opinion matters to me, but, please, no judgment or hateful words here.
Thanks!